Five Must Have Beauty & Health Foods..
TIP: Make this a party of your daily life. Add a pinch of organic powdered turmeric to your smoothies, eggs or any meat/vegetable dish you prepare. This will stain anything it touches yellow, so white clothing BEWARE.
2) Pomegranate: The layered beauty of this fruit & the blood red color alone is a treat for the senses. It’s high antioxidant content, cooling properties and effect on both your emotional & physical heart make it a ‘wonder’ food. Great fruit choice for the hot summer months.
TIP:Take pictures of it. Eat it raw. Add 1/8th organic pomegranate juice to your water bottle. Stew it with some pears. Add it to roasted meat dishes.
3) Coconut Oil: If I could take one food to a deserted island, this might be it.
- healthy fat to use for cooking at high temperatures
- natural anti-fungal properties
- smells great
- hair treatment for dry & brittle ends
- under-eye treatment
- facial oil to soothe wrinkles
- body moisturizer
- natural sexual lubricant
- cooling internally and externally
- lip balm and treatment
- great in baked goods & homemade chocolate
- cuticle repair agent
- foot callous treatment
TIP: Just buy an organic jar of coconut oil and be creative. A little goes a long way!
4) Spearmint: I chose this not only due to its many amazing properties, but also because it’s easy to find. It smells great, soothes nausea, is a digestive aid, cools you down, and freshens the breath. Also, for you ladies suffering from hormonal acne, some studies show that spearmint lowers excessive testosterone levels.
TIP: Brew as a hot or cold tea, place in baked goods, use as a garnish, cook with it and add to smoothies. Summer alert: Peppermint soap also naturally brings down your body temp and acts as a mosquito repellant
5) Radicchio: Bitter is best! Want clearer skin and less bloating? This gorgeous vegetable can help add the much needed bitter element to your diet.
TIP: Use the entire outer leaf to make lettuce wraps for your veggie/beef burgers. Roast it in meat dishes, cut it up into your mixed green salad, Grill it, saute it, cut up fine as a salad on it’s own with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of sea salt. Just eat it!
|Pivotal Dharmic Tantrik Teachings in NY next week:|
Dharma Bodhi will be offering Non-Dual Dharma workshops and private Tantrik counseling, nadi (potential destiny) and astrology sessions: May 29th -June 2nd http://www.dharmainc.org/
These classes will fill up quickly, so please contact me for registration, to book private sessions or for more information.
Please CLICK HERE for the complete schedule and class descriptions.
Below is a description of one of the classes being offered: THE SOUL POWER TEACHINGS & PRACTICE SET: THE FOUNDATIONAL TEACHINGS & PRACTICES FOR CULTIVATING SELF-HEALING & SELF-MASTERY
Sunday, June 2, 2013 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm $110 (or $195 – full weekend)
Each human being is born with the potential to realize their true enlightened nature and to live a life of purpose and meaning. However, few of us truly attain a satisfactory level of self-actualization and fulfillment. In this class you will receive the seminal teachings and practices of body, speech and mind that will create “soul power” and allow you to actualize your life’s purpose. If practiced consistently you will gain radiant vitality, health of emotions and mind, a deeper sense of purpose and connection to life, and an increase in fortune.
|Illumé: Beauty Playlist & Split End Relief|
CLICK HERE for split end tricks and tips.
CLICK HERE for beauty playlist: Showers bring Flowers
Dr. Karuna Sabnani, ND is a Beauty Expert, she has practiced Naturopathic Medicine for 10 years. Using Ayurvedic principles and Natural Wisdom, Dr. Sabnani designs a personalized health regime specific for your lifestyle.